Revealing very first sketches (and the notes I made with them!) for the Big Draw poster commission - the first idea can be a winner, or can develop totally unexpectedly!
1. Flamingo Drawing
Either people drawing flamingos, or the other way around!
2. Cupid
3. Drawing the World
People using art materials to create the world around them, world becoming more realistic in places, maybe a squirrel climbs through…
4. Pencils Don't Grow on Trees
5. Kids drawing
People drawing on the floor on lots of coloured paper, I could make a kind of pattern out of people and art materials.
6. Pencil sharpener
6. Pencil sharpening
Ants either climbing or drawing on a roll of pencil sharpening that has been dropped outside – possibly grass shoots around. Coloured pencil flakes on ground. Could be quite graphic or earthy.
-----
However crudely done, I wanted to show how important sketching out ideas is when developing how you think about something! And that I love the 'first ideas' part !











No comments:
Post a Comment